+ 38 more

Why is high quality content important?

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Rate Post
4.00 star(s)
Why is it important to have quality content?

People often say that content is king, sorry, content is not king! With billions of pages indexed on the internet daily, then your content is nothing more than a page of words buried somewhere in google, so you can sit there and be proud that your content is king on your site, and? Google does not care what you think about your content, unique content is great, but there are other factors that play a huge role, not just content, so I could just as easily say that backlinks are king, traffic is king, etc.

So why is content important?

Content is very important as you will be able to extend your reach when keywords that are located within the content start ranking, however, what good is content if no one is reading the content? Content is only important if visitors are reading what you have to say, and if your content is good, then they will share your site across the web.

High-Quality Content:

Google has more than 300 factors that it will use in order to determine where your site will rank in their search engine. If your content is poorly written, and not very readable to visitors, then this visitors will your site quickly, and this sends a signal to google that your visitors do not like what they see on your site, and Google will take this into consideration, then Google will add up all these factors, and this can lead to a drop in search engine rankings, why would Google want to reward a site if your visitors do not find your site useful? If your site has a high bounce rate, then this is nothing signal to let the webmaster know that he/she should take action quickly.

There are other factors besides bad content that can kill your site also; You could have the best content on this planet, however, lets say your site design is not up to par, and if this is the case, then visitors may not find your site attractive, or easy to navigate, then they will leave your site, and this will also send a signal to google that says that your visitors did not find what they were looking for, or something else caused them to leave your site quicker then normal, and there are some other issues that could get your site penalized also such as using low-quality SEO, sorry, it is not as simple as setting up a website, then waiting for a check to arrive, and it simply does not work this way, and you have to pay attention to what is going on around you, and if you do not know how to analize your google data, then you will be in trouble.

Summary:

So your content is not the only thing you need that needs to be high-quality. Everything you do on your site should be high-quality. Your site design should be high quality also, and appeal to visitors that will beg them to buy from, overall, content is just a small piece of a much larger piece of this complex puzzle, so it is not just about content, it is about design, graphics, videos, and what can you bring to the table that will help you convince your buyers or visitors to do business with you? If you want to succeed, then you best bring the best A-Game ever.

maestro

Credits
I've been doing a lot of research on how to maintain a better social worthy environment on a blog/forum and I found out the best way is to keep an eye out for trolling and banning people mostly giving jokes as comments.

Heatman

Credits
High-quality content is very important when it comes to the site. This would get the site more visitors because when something important and useful is written, lots of people are going to take interest in it and by doing so, the content is likely to be shared across other social network sites and it gets more views which automatically generates traffic for the site.

High-quality content also helps a site with Google ranking because of it likely to have more keywords that does matter to Google when ranking a site. I don't know anything about a site design doing anything for Google ranking.

Last edited by a moderator:

to7update

Credits
Content is important because all the things Google considers to put your site at the top of the search results, but also because quality content is what retains users on the site. If I come to a site and the content doesn't have quality, then I just leave, and in terms of SEO that also penalizes the site. Google is the big brother!

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
High-quality content is very important when it comes to the site. This would get the site more visitors because when something important and useful is written, lots of people are going to take interest in it and by doing so, the content is likely to be shared across other social network sites and it gets more views which automatically generates traffic for the site.

High-quality content also helps a site with Google ranking because of it likely to have more keywords that does matter to Google when ranking a site. I don't know anything about a site design doing anything for Google ranking.
site design can certainly play a factor in ranking, why? Because if your site design sucks, then your traffic will certainly leave your site, and google takes this into consideration, even though, google cant really see your design, but if they notice traffic not staying or moving around on your site, then this indicates that something is wrong, then your traffic will start to drop off, thus serps will tank also. Google looks at data, and if the data tells google that one likes your site, then you will get nothing from Google, however, if people do engage, and interact on the site, and visit one page after another, then this is a strong signal to google that visitors do find your site useful, thus Google will increase your serps, thus you will get more traffic.

Content is important because all the things Google considers to put your site at the top of the search results, but also because quality content is what retains users on the site. If I come to a site and the content doesn't have quality, then I just leave, and in terms of SEO that also penalizes the site. Google is the big brother!
I just posted a link to a B2C case study that shows that visitors do prefer quality content over curated content, and DG Forum does no curate content, or do we pull duplicate content from other sources into the forum, as this would not be considered high quality. Google wants to see naturally written content by humans, not curated or computer-generated content that appears to over-optimized keywords for the purpose of ranking, and this type of content may be against Google guidelines and could penalize the site in the future, and it is against our policy to create or allow duplicate content on the forum as this could also kill any chances of the forum ranking higher in search engines in the future, and such content should be reported ASAP.

Last edited:

Heatman

Credits
site design can certainly play a factor in ranking, why? Because if your site design sucks, then your traffic will certainly leave your site, and google takes this into consideration, even though, google cant really see your design, but if they notice traffic not staying or moving around on your site, then this indicates that something is wrong, then your traffic will start to drop off, thus serps will tank also. Google looks at data, and if the data tells google that one likes your site, then you will get nothing from Google, however, if people do engage, and interact on the site, and visit one page after another, then this is a strong signal to google that visitors do find your site useful, thus Google will increase your serps, thus you will get more traffic.
Now I understand, simply put the site design directly affects the traffic that the site gets when people frequently visit it. When the design is good, there is every possibility that people will love coming to it and actually staying doing one thing or another but the reverse is the case when the site design isn't that good. Thereby making life difficult and unappealing for people to visit it.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Now I understand, simply put the site design directly affects the traffic that the site gets when people frequently visit it. When the design is good, there is every possibility that people will love coming to it and actually staying doing one thing or another but the reverse is the case when the site design isn't that good. Thereby making life difficult and unappealing for people to visit it.
Yes, just because I say you need quality content, even if the content is well written, it would not be considered quality content if the content was not formatted properly on the site, and this would include site design because anything you do to your site can cause a negative or positive effect, and there are some exceptions to the rule, and we can use craigslist for example as they have hardly changed their design/theme since they have been online, and people continue to use craigslist, even though very most consider their text style theme to be low quality which has not really affected craigslist one way or the other over the years, however, in this digital technology age, you want to use a high-quality theme that has been proven to convert, and I can safely say that I do not feel the theme we are using on the forum now would fall into that converting category as this is not the best theme I have actually seen on sites, but for the time being it is somewhat better then using the default forum theme, so high quality does not mean throwing the best text on your site, and thats it, high quality can actually be applied to everything such as Design, Content, Link Building, etc. You will have to define what high quality means to your own site.

Heatman

Credits
Yes, just because I say you need quality content, even if the content is well written, it would not be considered quality content if the content was not formatted properly on the site, and this would include site design because anything you do to your site can cause a negative or positive effect, and there are some exceptions to the rule, and we can use craigslist for example as they have hardly changed their design/theme since they have been online, and people continue to use craigslist, even though very most consider their text style theme to be low quality which has not really affected craigslist one way or the other over the years, however, in this digital technology age, you want to use a high-quality theme that has been proven to convert, and I can safely say that I do not feel the theme we are using on the forum now would fall into that converting category as this is not the best theme I have actually seen on sites, but for the time being it is somewhat better then using the default forum theme, so high quality does not mean throwing the best text on your site, and thats it, high quality can actually be applied to everything such as Design, Content, Link Building, etc. You will have to define what high quality means to your own site.
It's great that @DigitalGlobal is working observing all these qualities - high quality content, good site design, link building etc in order to encourage the progress of the site. Also making room for suggestions on any platform is another way to improve on the site, by knowing what the members really desire to have on the site would keep them coming back once such changes are effected.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
It's great that @DigitalGlobal is working observing all these qualities - high quality content, good site design, link building etc in order to encourage the progress of the site. Also making room for suggestions on any platform is another way to improve on the site, by knowing what the members really desire to have on the site would keep them coming back once such changes are effected.
Some of the best ideas can come from members, and some of the worst also. :) It is important for the leaders to pay attention to what is going on and engage with members, and I think the biggest fear is nothing is happening, changes are not being made, and leaders no longer engage with members, then they start getting worried and jumping ship and I have seen this too many times myself on other forums that should have never died, but when you disappear and no longer engage, then members will start leaving the site, so being fairly active does appear to go a long way, and I get it, no onereally wants to commit themsleves on a site if they are not sure you are going to be around for the forseeable future, and so far we are alive and kicking.

Last edited:

Heatman

Credits
Some of the best ideas can come from members, and some of the worst also. :) It is important for the leaders to pay attention to what is going on and engage with members, and I think the biggest fear is nothing is happening, changes are not being made, and leaders no longer engage with members, then they start getting worried and jumping ship and I have seen this too many times myself on other forums that should have never died, but when you disappear and no longer engage, then members will start leaving the site, so being fairly active does appear to go a long way, and I get it, no onereally wants to commit themsleves on a site if they are not sure you are going to be around for the forseeable future, and so far we are alive and kicking.
Haha, you can be well guaranteed that some good suggestion might come from members and some useless ones, there is no taking that away especially where you have different people with different understanding and reasoning coming together to form good opinions; Being a leader is not an easy task, it requires being on one's toes 24/7 observing and putting things in place. I can very well attest to the job you're doing already here on DigitalGlobal, it's not easy. Keep it up.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Haha, you can be well guaranteed that some good suggestion might come from members and some useless ones, there is no taking that away especially where you have different people with different understanding and reasoning coming together to form good opinions; Being a leader is not an easy task, it requires being on one's toes 24/7 observing and putting things in place. I can very well attest to the job you're doing already here on DigitalGlobal, it's not easy. Keep it up.
Being on the forum does not really take much leadership skills, as there is no one around to lead. :) So I think the best thing to do around here would be to continue to engage other members so that we can show there is forum activity, and that really does not take leadership skills, however, I just need to find time to post like everyone else does, and today was a busy day for me, and should be around over the weekend as far as I know; Right now I am tired, so I would not call this a job, if I was not so tired, then I probably would be able to do more posts, but I am not giving up yet. :)

KellyGeo

Credits
Why high quality content is important? I think it's important for the obvious reasons of being able to offer some useful information to those who reads it as it would make them come back to whichever site they were able to get such content for more. People would do anything to get useful information that would impact something in their lives, and as long as any site offers such content, it would drive more traffic to the site.

Kieranlewix

Credits
When it comes to websites,blogs and forums, it would be inaccurate to say that any one factor is king. As you
Why is it important to have quality content?

People often say that content is king, sorry, content is not king! With billions of pages indexed on the internet daily, then your content is nothing more than a page of words buried somewhere in google, so you can sit there and be proud that your content is king on your site, and? Google does not care what you think about your content, unique content is great, but there are other factors that play a huge role, not just content, so I could just as easily say that backlinks are king, traffic is king, etc.

So why is content important?

Content is very important as you will be able to extend your reach when keywords that are located within the content start ranking, however, what good is content if no one is reading the content? Content is only important if visitors are reading what you have to say, and if your content is good, then they will share your site across the web.

High-Quality Content:

Google has more than 300 factors that it will use in order to determine where your site will rank in their search engine. If your content is poorly written, and not very readable to visitors, then this visitors will your site quickly, and this sends a signal to google that your visitors do not like what they see on your site, and Google will take this into consideration, then Google will add up all these factors, and this can lead to a drop in search engine rankings, why would Google want to reward a site if your visitors do not find your site useful? If your site has a high bounce rate, then this is nothing signal to let the webmaster know that he/she should take action quickly.

There are other factors besides bad content that can kill your site also; You could have the best content on this planet, however, lets say your site design is not up to par, and if this is the case, then visitors may not find your site attractive, or easy to navigate, then they will leave your site, and this will also send a signal to google that says that your visitors did not find what they were looking for, or something else caused them to leave your site quicker then normal, and there are some other issues that could get your site penalized also such as using low-quality SEO, sorry, it is not as simple as setting up a website, then waiting for a check to arrive, and it simply does not work this way, and you have to pay attention to what is going on around you, and if you do not know how to analize your google data, then you will be in trouble.

Summary:

So your content is not the only thing you need that needs to be high-quality. Everything you do on your site should be high-quality. Your site design should be high quality also, and appeal to visitors that will beg them to buy from, overall, content is just a small piece of a much larger piece of this complex puzzle, so it is not just about content, it is about design, graphics, videos, and what can you bring to the table that will help you convince your buyers or visitors to do business with you? If you want to succeed, then you best bring the best A-Game ever.
When it comes to websites,blogs and forums, it would be inaccurate to say that any one factor is king. As you have very well put it, Google does not pick certain strengths of a website over others. For a site to have a decent ranking on Google, all avenues have to be spot on. However, I do think quality content is the highest ranking quality that is almost assured to make your site shine. Without helpful content that members can relate to, excellent design will take your site nowhere. On the other hand, with good quality posts and articles, you are bound to have some loyal members who are willing to overlook your shortcomings on the website's design. Again, no factor is above the other, but you should give it a thought anyway, quality content might as well be emperor, if cannot be king.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
When it comes to websites,blogs and forums, it would be inaccurate to say that any one factor is king. As you

When it comes to websites,blogs and forums, it would be inaccurate to say that any one factor is king. As you have very well put it, Google does not pick certain strengths of a website over others. For a site to have a decent ranking on Google, all avenues have to be spot on. However, I do think quality content is the highest ranking quality that is almost assured to make your site shine. Without helpful content that members can relate to, excellent design will take your site nowhere. On the other hand, with good quality posts and articles, you are bound to have some loyal members who are willing to overlook your shortcomings on the website's design. Again, no factor is above the other, but you should give it a thought anyway, quality content might as well be emperor, if cannot be king.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
People often say content is king, however, content is a good start, but if all you have is content, then nothing else would happen, so how can content be kind without high-quality backlinks? If your site has no backlinks to boost your content in the SERPs, then all you have is just content, and nothing more then that. I have seen others sites succeed without the use of "unique" content, and I have run across sites that have recycled content have high domain authority, and you think the content got them that high authority? Backlinks is what gives websites high authority; If a site only has content and no backlinks, then it would take a very long time for content to rank in a natural manner. If anything, backlinks could be considered king, however, backlinks and content go hand in hand, and I have seen sites with very little content have high ranking, and how does a website have very little content able to succeed: It is simple, if you have a website that has rehashed or very little content, then the site must be setup in a way that engages with site traffic or visitors, if a website does not have engagement, then it would not be possible for the site to succeed in the eyes of googe.

Kieranlewix

Credits
Back links do play a big part in the ranking of websites in Google. But look at it this way, without quality content, there is no other legitimate way to get back links to your site. Of course, many site owners try to be sneaky and buy/sell back links, not to mention link exchanges, but Google still identifies these sites if they even suspect any foul play. There is no getting around it, quality content influences all other factors considered by Google when ranking your site.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Back links do play a big part in the ranking of websites in Google. But look at it this way, without quality content, there is no other legitimate way to get back links to your site. Of course, many site owners try to be sneaky and buy/sell back links, not to mention link exchanges, but Google still identifies these sites if they even suspect any foul play. There is no getting around it, quality content influences all other factors considered by Google when ranking your site.
People will always buy and sell backlinks as long as backlinks carry weight, and they are a ranking factor to a certain degree, but google has 200+ factors that will take into consideration also, and the factors are just an overall percentage, not the whole, so one factor could be content, another factor could be backlinks, another factor could be time spent on site, so it is possible to get one factor wrong, and still succeed, and I suspect google this on purchase, so if you screw up on one area, then you still can fix the issue and recover as quickly as possible, however, if your stil starts failing on all factors, then your site will no doubt end up getting some type of google penalty, and you can still get penalties for certain things also, so in theory, if you keep your site clean, and not go spamming your link all over the planet, then you should be fine, but with google, you never know.

to7update

Credits

I just posted a link to a B2C case study that shows that visitors do prefer quality content over curated content, and DG Forum does no curate content, or do we pull duplicate content from other sources into the forum, as this would not be considered high quality. Google wants to see naturally written content by humans, not curated or computer-generated content that appears to over-optimized keywords for the purpose of ranking, and this type of content may be against Google guidelines and could penalize the site in the future, and it is against our policy to create or allow duplicate content on the forum as this could also kill any chances of the forum ranking higher in search engines in the future, and such content should be reported ASAP.
Yep, there are tools that webmasters have and use to check if a user is copy pasting content from another site. I don't know what sort of people would do that, but the fact is that there is a lot of plagiarism out there, and that is why so many tools to fight it do exist.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Yep, there are tools that webmasters have and use to check if a user is copy pasting content from another site. I don't know what sort of people would do that, but the fact is that there is a lot of plagiarism out there, and that is why so many tools to fight it do exist.
People do it because it is free to them if they steal content and use without the owners permission, more then likely what they are doing is not working, and they do not want to pay for quality content when they can just steal content from another source and I suspect these people are desperate unemployed people that have no skill set, and they justify what they do by stealing someone else's content or hard work.