The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Working as an Internet Assessor/Rater for Lionbridge.

Meryemm

Credits
Hey everyone! Today I'm going to talk about my experience working for Lionbridge.

According to Wikipedia,
Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. is a multinational software and professional services company specializing in language translation, localization, software testing, e-learning translation, internationalization, interpretation, software development & testing, and content development services.
As you can see, Lionbridge offers so many positions and opportunities for freelancers to work from the comfort of their homes.
Lionbridge was the first real job I applied to and I am happy I was accepted. I was searching for ways to make money online and the first search result I clicked was a review of some companies that offer remote jobs. The name caught my attention and I googled it. I found their website and first I thought I would apply as a translator because I speak four languages, but I found this title: Personalized / Social Media Internet Assessor and I thought it was interesting! Lucky me, they were recruiting members from my country. The requirements for this position were fluency in English and in your native language, that you have lived for the last 5 consecutive years in the country that's in question ( you might ask what your country has to do with this. Well, in this position you will be rating google search results from the point of view of a person that's living in your country. So you'd have to see if the search results are relative to what your people might be interested in and if they're of any help at all). A bachelor degree is preferred and you had to have experience with Gmail and Google products. And you have to have a smartphone too so if you don't have one don't even bother applying. PS: You have to have a bank account in your country with your own name so that they can send you the money. They only pay this way.

I went to their application portal and they asked for my CV and that was it, they told me I passed the first screening and I had to pass their test now; For the test, they will send you a pdf file that has 126 pages or so and you have to study it so that you can pass the test. The test is open-book so you can always refer to this file while you're passing the test. The test is a bit long and you don't have to finish it in one sitting. You can save and go back later. I can't really say much about it as I'm not allowed but you can google it and there are other people that have made some detailed threads about it and they'll be helpful.

Anyway, I passed the test and they welcomed me in. Their team is responsive even though sometimes they take so long to reply, but they will reply sooner or later. I was able to download their rating app on my phone after they sent me the link and I set everything up and after a week I got my first task and it was great. I don't have many tasks though and I told them they said I'd be able to work 20 hours or so every week while that's not the case for me. They said I'm one of the very first people they've worked with from my country and this is all still new and they're trying to load more tasks. Now I get to work 7 hours or so every week and I'm okay with it.
For the salary, it's different for each country, so you have to look for information concerning your location.

I have been paid but it took so long for the payment to reach my local bank, and that's fine because it just happens in my country. They paid all the fees and I received exactly the amount I made.

This was my experience with Lionbridge. I hope this was helpful and if you have any question, please feel free to ask and I will try to help.
If you want to see if there are available positions for your country, go here: http://www.thesmartcrowd.com/about/workers/job-opportunities/

Credits
Hey everyone! Today I'm going to talk about my experience working for Lionbridge.

According to Wikipedia,

As you can see, Lionbridge offers so many positions and opportunities for freelancers to work from the comfort of their homes.
Lionbridge was the first real job I applied to and I am happy I was accepted. I was searching for ways to make money online and the first search result I clicked was a review of some companies that offer remote jobs. The name caught my attention and I googled it. I found their website and first I thought I would apply as a translator because I speak four languages, but I found this title: Personalized / Social Media Internet Assessor and I thought it was interesting! Lucky me, they were recruiting members from my country. The requirements for this position were fluency in English and in your native language, that you have lived for the last 5 consecutive years in the country that's in question ( you might ask what your country has to do with this. Well, in this position you will be rating google search results from the point of view of a person that's living in your country. So you'd have to see if the search results are relative to what your people might be interested in and if they're of any help at all). A bachelor degree is preferred and you had to have experience with Gmail and Google products. And you have to have a smartphone too so if you don't have one don't even bother applying. PS: You have to have a bank account in your country with your own name so that they can send you the money. They only pay this way.

I went to their application portal and they asked for my CV and that was it, they told me I passed the first screening and I had to pass their test now; For the test, they will send you a pdf file that has 126 pages or so and you have to study it so that you can pass the test. The test is open-book so you can always refer to this file while you're passing the test. The test is a bit long and you don't have to finish it in one sitting. You can save and go back later. I can't really say much about it as I'm not allowed but you can google it and there are other people that have made some detailed threads about it and they'll be helpful.

Anyway, I passed the test and they welcomed me in. Their team is responsive even though sometimes they take so long to reply, but they will reply sooner or later. I was able to download their rating app on my phone after they sent me the link and I set everything up and after a week I got my first task and it was great. I don't have many tasks though and I told them they said I'd be able to work 20 hours or so every week while that's not the case for me. They said I'm one of the very first people they've worked with from my country and this is all still new and they're trying to load more tasks. Now I get to work 7 hours or so every week and I'm okay with it.
For the salary, it's different for each country, so you have to look for information concerning your location.

I have been paid but it took so long for the payment to reach my local bank, and that's fine because it just happens in my country. They paid all the fees and I received exactly the amount I made.

This was my experience with Lionbridge. I hope this was helpful and if you have any question, please feel free to ask and I will try to help.
If you want to see if there are available positions for your country, go here: http://www.thesmartcrowd.com/about/workers/job-opportunities/
You see guys...

This is a good solid review.

Good Job...

Kei

Credits
Asides translating and rating Google Search results, what other tasks can a person perform? Also do they have a fixed rate of payment for every task you perform?

Meryemm

Credits
Asides translating and rating Google Search results, what other tasks can a person perform? Also do they have a fixed rate of payment for every task you perform?
I only know about these two but you can check the link I provided and you'll see a list of their open positions. And they pay per hour basis not per task

D

Deleted member 62

This is really a good way of making good money and I think the tasks are easy too.I hope in near future they will be able to accomdate almost all the popular countries around the world so that people that can access the internet from anywhere can be part of it.

Meryemm

Credits
This is really a good way of making good money and I think the tasks are easy too.I hope in near future they will be able to accomdate almost all the popular countries around the world so that people that can access the internet from anywhere can be part of it.
I agree. It is a great opportunity and the tasks are easy once you understand the guidelines. They already have open positions for all popular countries and they say they're trying to open new positions and work with new countries too. This is a legit company and trust me, it's very professional. I recently received a 50 dollar bonus from them! :D

Gabbar

Credits
I see, its only you who are working on this website and never even heard of this website from anyone else. Maybe they are not that good and they cannot make money from Lion bridge.

chameli

Credits
This must be a great working opportunity. If you can get 7 hours work from this company, you are already having a full time job. If they give you 7 hours work, you might be already generating full time income. However, working with this company may not be as easy it sounds. If they are paying high, their requirement also must be very high.

johnywalker

Credits
Reading 126 pages of PDF file and then passing the test does not sound easy. However, based on what I have read here, Lion bridge definitely is a great opportunity for freelancers. They want graduates means they are providing real income opportunity. They want you to be proficient in English and native language, what if English is your primary language and you do not know another language? IF the job requires you to translate and you do not know the secondary language, thee seems to be no opportunity to make money.