If you sell physical products online then it can be tough to know what will be bestsellers at Christmas time. Most people like gadgets so this is an obvious place to look. You can find a lot of appealing and exciting gadgets that will make you great profits during the holiday season and we have the top 7 gadgets in this article.
These are just our ideas there are plenty more great gadgets out there. When you are looking for a gadget to sell at Christmas consider the following:
- Will people really want the gadget?
- Will it get used a lot?
- What benefits does it provide?
- How much competition is there for similar gadgets?
- Can you sell the gadget at a good price point?
- Is the gadget high quality?
There are many places that you can buy these gadgets such as alibaba.com and you can order a small batch and test it out for sales before you commit to a large order.
1. Secure USB Drives
Many people use USB drives as they are so convenient and the available storage space is large. The problem with USB drives is that they are small and easy to steal. If this happens your sensitive files can end up in the wrong hands. People also tend to leave USB drives lying around on their desks which will invite trouble.
Well, now there is a way for people to keep their files safe on USB drives. The secure USB drive is very popular and there are versions where you use a fingerprint or thumbprint to access the drive and even a key version where code requires entering. The key versions are more expensive than the fingerprint versions.
Most secure USB drives have:
- Automatic locking when inactive
- Automatic locking when removed from USB port
- Fingerprint or key code activation
- Different storage capacities
- USB 2.0 or 3.0 compatibility
2. Bluetooth Speakers
It seems like the whole world is storing their favorite music collection on their smartphones and tablets these days. This is great but the problem is that the sound quality of most mobile devices is not very good. You do not usually get the rich bass experience form a smartphone and the volume is limited.
Enter the Bluetooth speaker. These have been popular items ever since they hit the market a while back. There are all kinds of Bluetooth speaker available. Some will provide bass enhancement and some are waterproof so that you can take them in the shower and leave your smartphone in a safe and dry place.
Our advice here is to be different and sell a Bluetooth speaker that has a different design or application. If you look at alibaba.com you will see several different styles that are not in the mainstream. Again it is best to test a small batch to see how popular they are.
Bluetooth speakers will:
- Provide a much improved audio experience
- Be portable so that you can take them anywhere
- Some will have bass enhancement
- Some are waterproof
- Some have LED’s that flash in time with the music
3. Wireless Security Doorbells
People that leave their home unattended each day are always concerned that they may be the victim of a burglary. Thieves are smarter these days and they will actually watch homeowners and take note of their habits. They know when a home is going to be empty so they strike when the opportunity arises.
Another trending crime is the stealing of packages left on people’s doorsteps when they are not home. Unless you provide specific instructions to an online store to leave a package elsewhere it is very likely to end up on your doorstep if you are not at home.
A wireless security doorbell has a built-in camera and two-way microphone so you can see who is approaching your front door and talk with them as well. You can be at home when this happens or far away. The doorbell integrates with an app on your smartphone that alerts you to people approaching your front door.
Wireless security doorbells are popular because:
- They enable you to challenge anyone when they approach your front door
- They have a two-way microphone so that you can converse with the caller
- Some security doorbells will record and store footage
- Some security doorbells have face recognition software included
- You can appear to be home even when you are not
4. Smart Home Devices
Another popular gadget is a smart home device. One of the simplest forms of a smart home device is a smart socket which plugs into a standard electrical socket. Usually, there is a smartphone app where you can communicate with the device and turn the power on or off. You can also set the smart socket to turn on and off at specific times of the day.
There are many other smart home gadgets available too. You can sell wall switches where you can control when your lights switch on and off. There are smart temperature sensors, devices that will open and close your curtains, smart devices to turn on and off computers and so on.
If you like the idea of selling smart devices for Christmas then we suggest that you start simple. The smart socket is a very popular item so why not test that out first? Smart home gadgets have a number of advantages:
- You can control them from smartphone apps
- You can use them to turn on lights to give the appearance that someone is home
- You can use them to turn your coffee maker on before you get up so your coffee is waiting!
- They can save energy by automatically switching off appliances when they are not in use
5. Fitness Bands and Watches
There is no better time of year to sell a fitness band or watch than Christmas. This is because so many people will make a fitness-related new year’s resolution and this will help them to achieve their goals. Since these fitness bands and watches hit the market they have been extremely popular.
Most will synchronize with a mobile app to record activity data and they often come with a host of other features:
- Stylish design
- Recording of all fitness activity on a mobile device
- USB charging
- App for Android or iPhone
- Some have call making and answering functions
6. Gaming Headsets
When people play video games they really want to have a fully immersive experience. Although the audio functionality of LED TV’s is improving, the best way to experience all of the subtle game sounds is through the use of gaming headsets. These are especially popular with younger gamers. Features of gaming headsets include:
- Wired or wireless connection
- Enriched audio experience
- Some have vibration functionality triggered by the games
- Some designed for video consoles such as the PlayStation, Xbox, etc
- Some designed for PC gaming
7. Dash Cams
These are becoming very popular with car owners. A dashcam will record activity on the road and can be a great way of proving liability with accidents etc. Some come in mirror form so that you can record activity behind your car. Some features include:
- Full HD quality recording
- Wide view angle
- GPS tracking
- Loop recording
- Parking monitor
No matter which holiday season it may be; There will always be gadgets on the market, and once you are done with your old gadgets, then I am sure you will find new gadgets that will work wonders as gadgets & technology is becoming a growing trend day by day, and you will be able to find such gadgets online.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?